"Animals are not commodities to be bought and sold. They are beautiful creatures with beautiful souls."
"Nobody should profit from their misery"
That is why 7th Heaven does not charge for its animals.
As all our animals are special, We are looking for special people to give them a loving home. Are you that person?
As all our animals are special,
We are looking for special people to give them a loving home.
Are you that person?
7th Heaven Animal Rescue Trust, a non-profit registered charity, was set up in March 2003, by a group united by their common love and dedication to animals. Northern Ireland has the highest rate of stray, abused and abandoned animals in the UK, with many more destroyed here than in any other area. With this in mind, we were compelled to form a new charity, one whose Trustees would devote their time to caring for, loving and re-homing all the unwanted and abandoned animals that would come through our doors.
1. We do not have a central sanctuary.
Instead we care for the animals in our own homes. This means we have no overheads and the animals get much more care and attention. Chosing an animal to offer it a new home, or handing over an animal to 7th Heaven is by appointment only.
2. We have no paid staff
None of our trustees or volunteers get paid anything. As much as possible, all money goes directly towards the welfare and upkeep of the animals.
3. Our trustees get involved in every aspect of the charity's work
There are no sub-committees or fundraising committees. Every trustee gets involved in the hard work of fundraising, taking in animals and trying to find them a home.
4. Our trustees/volunteers will in emergency go out and collect the animal
Callers who are elderly or who have no form of transport may not be able to bring a sick or injured animal to us. In exceptional circumstances we will try to go to them instead.
5. We provide a 'Home to Home' Service
We keep a list of people who want a specific type of animal. If a person then contacts us wanting to re-home that type of animal, we will put both parties in touch with each other. This means that the animal will not have to suffer any more unnecessary stress as it can go directly into their new home.
6. We will take referrals from other sanctuaries
We do not believe in a 'them and us' ethos. All animals deserve the best standard of care and this can only be achieved if all the charities co-operate with each other. We should all be striving towards the same goal of assisting animals in need.
7. We will advertise other people's animals that need re-homed on our website
All animals are equal, whether it happens to be under the care of 7th Heaven or still with an owner who can no longer cope with it.
8. We will not refuse to home an animal to a specific area
Potential owners will not be judged by their postcode, but by their suitability and dedication to the animal. When the trustees invite the would-be owners into their home, they will assess them by what they say, but more importantly, by their interaction with the animal. We believe that observing potential owners, rather than a questionnaire, is the best way to evaluate their suitability.
9. We will always follow up when the animal is due to be neutered
Because of this, we have an almost 100% success rate of our animals being neutered
10. We cover the cost of essential healthcare
We cover the cost of neutering and preventative treatment for all the major diseases for all the animals we rescue.
11. We don't neuter animals before they are ready
We do not agree with early neutering of kittens and pups due to the increased risks involved.
12. We do not abort kittens We do not sanction the neutering of pregnant cats. If a cat is found to be pregnant during the spaying procedure, we insist on the operation being abandoned and the mother being allowed to complete her pregnancy. 7th Heaven will then take both in both mother and kittens and try to get them re-homed 13. We provide shelter for feral cats Although we don't normally re-home feral cats, we do supply people with cat kennels free of charge to provide shelter for our wilder feline friends
We do not sanction the neutering of pregnant cats. If a cat is found to be pregnant during the spaying procedure, we insist on the operation being abandoned and the mother being allowed to complete her pregnancy. 7th Heaven will then take both in both mother and kittens and try to get them re-homed
13. We provide shelter for feral cats
Although we don't normally re-home feral cats, we do supply people with cat kennels free of charge to provide shelter for our wilder feline friends
14. We do not agree with compulsory microchipping
We are totally opposed to microchipping animals. It is an unnecessary medical procedure with no benefits whatsoever but can have serious adverse side effects. We therefore believe it is unethical.
15. Most importantly of all, we do not charge for our animals
We believe that an animal is not a commodity to be bought or sold. They are sensitive creatures that deserve our respect.